CareCloud Charts Delivers Award-Winning Innovations To Enhance Physician Productivity and ROI
MIAMI, FL and BOSTON, MA – July 16, 2013 – CareCloud, the fastest-growing provider of cloud-based practice management, electronic health records (EHR), and medical billing software and services, today announced the next generation release of CareCloud Charts, the company’s cloud-based EHR solution. Designed in concert with dozens of physicians and group practices, this release features powerful new capabilities – rapid charting, intelligent task management, real-time patient flows – to help doctors dramatically speed up clinical encounters while maintaining control over the administration of their offices. This critical milestone, which comes at the heels of CareCloud’s Series B funding announcement in June 2013, reinforces the Company’s long-term mission to leverage the power of cloud computing to improve the quality and lower the cost of healthcare delivery.
“Physicians are facing pressures to adopt and use EHRs to comply with various healthcare reform efforts and demonstrate Meaningful Use. It’s clear there is a growing number of providers and groups that signed up for their first EHR in haste and are now entering the market again, wiser about what they need in a clinical system. Specifically, they are looking for a more modern, pay-as-you-go, ubiquitously available, more usable, and faster EHR. We have delivered just that solution,” said Albert Santalo, CareCloud Chairman and CEO. “Providers that are either first-time purchasers of an EHR today, or coming off of legacy-based systems, are looking for a cloud-based, fully integrated platform that will keep them up to date with an ever-changing healthcare system, but ultimately position them to operate more efficiently while delivering the best care possible.”
New Capabilities Deliver Productivity Gains By Focusing On Superior Speed and Design
CareCloud Charts, certified as a Complete Meaningful Use EHR by Drummond Group, integrates with the company’s practice management and patient portal solutions to deliver the industry’s most modern clinical, financial and administrative platform for physicians. Charts was recently ranked #1 in the “Best Desktop EHRs” category in Software Advice’s “Ten Best Designs in Medical Software” report. Key enhancements in this new release include:
• Beautiful, intuitive user experience – an entire clinical encounter can be quickly and easily documented on a single screen – using any web browser, on Windows or Mac – saving mouse clicks, page reloads, and charting time
• Rapid charting capabilities – innovative charting-by-exception, integrated order sets, and physician-centric workflows help doctors chart in just minutes and reduce the need for transcription, the typical alternative for slower EHRs
• Intelligent task management – doctors and staff have a unified method to easily manage all administrative and clinical tasks that build up daily (e.g., administering medications, reviewing labs, signing notes), enabling them to simplify clinical workflow and spend more time on patient care
• Real-time patient flows – providers can see in real-time how patients are flowing through their offices and gain insight like wait times and room utilization to maximize efficiency
• Social template store – doctors have access to many pre-built specialty templates, can easily create their own templates, and publish them with others to share best practices and leverage the wisdom of a crowd-sourced approach
EHR Replacement Market Points to Newer, Cloud-based Systems
The May 2013 Practice Profitability Index (PPI), which serves as an annual barometer for the operational wellbeing of U.S. medical groups in the year ahead, surveyed more than 5,000 physicians across the nation and uncovered a downward trend in profitability for the year ahead, which is driving a growing “rip and replace” market for technology. The PPI found that, of the 41% of practices with specific plans aimed at operational improvements in the coming year, 41% plan to implement a new EHR and 25% have plans to replace their existing clinical system.
“We are excited to roll out the next generation release of CareCloud Charts in Vanguard Rheumatology. The EHR is so easy to use, and with capabilities like charting-by-exception, order sets, and configurable templates, documentation is significantly faster allowing us to see more patients throughout the day. This obviously translates to happier patients and more profit,” said Dr. Carlos Sesin. “As we drive toward Meaningful Use attestation later in 2013 and beyond, we look forward to using CareCloud Charts to help us gain these critical government incentives.”
CareCloud Charts has been implemented at several practices and is now generally available. To learn more about CareCloud Charts visit www.carecloud.com/charts. To view an interactive video demonstration of Cloud Charts, visit www.carecloud.com/charts-video