November 15, 2016
Written by Megan Wood
Miami-based CareCloud completed a $31.5 million series C financing round.
Here are six notes:
1. The funding round included new investments by The PNC Financial Services Group, First Data Corp. and Blue Cloud Ventures.
2. The company’s prior investors — Norwest Venture Partners, Intel Capital, Tenaya Capital and Adams Street Partners — all participated in the funding round, as well.
3. CareCloud plans to use the funding to further advance the transition to modern medicine and value-based care.
4. The company offers medical practices a cloud-based platform, designed to streamline workflow and boost patient engagement.
5. The platform is designed to modernize revenue cycle management, practice management and EHRs.
6. The technology aligns with medical practices specializing in cardiology, general surgery, orthopedics, dermatology, ophthalmology, neurology, internal medicine urology and family medicine.